Monday, March 04, 2013

Film: The Band's Visit (2007) - Egypt and Israel - nothing about the tension

A very human film and very funny
The Band's Visit (2007) - IMDb
An Egyptian Police band visits Israel for a concert and go to the wrong town. You would think it would be all  the Middle East's tensions but it is simply human interaction. As my wife said it is like a bad dream - all the things that can wrong when you travel to foreign places. Where do we eat? Where do we sleep? How do we get there? Will the people like me?
There are moments of nothing happening that I just found so funny. And a great deal of humour in how human everyone is. the ice rink scene is just so good.......

I caught it on our TV ethnic station SBS -

No comments:

Post a Comment

I usually delete comments from Anonymous

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.