Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Politics: Polls

World News Australia - Labor back on track: pollster

"The Nielsen poll, published in Fairfax newspapers on Monday, shows federal Labor leading the coalition 52 to 48 per cent on a two-party preferred basis."

I did an on line SMH survey that had a question that went something like

"Do you agree with  Gillard's strong Timor Policy - Yes - No - Don't Know"

How do you answer a question like that? Do I think its strong - Do I like the policy - Is Timor the right place - Do I approve of Gillard?
What does it mean? How would a pollster use the data?
I answered NO - mainly to avoid a positive on Gillard but how would others see it
The Nauru centre seemed to work BUT
Timor seems a bad place - it is a sensitive place - severe trouble there in recent times - many locals don't like the idea.
And Gillard handling of it was appalling

Back in Poll land I heard on ABC radio a pollster reporting a strong poll saying Timor was a good idea BUT a negative on how Gillard handled it. Is that support for Gillard - no I don't think it is.

Meanwhile
Sky News Australia - News Vote
Who is your preferred Prime Minister?
Tony Abbott         72%
Julia Gillard         28%

Those numbers have been static for over an hour
And that is a clear question not inferred from some vague question on policy



No comments:

Post a Comment

I usually delete comments from Anonymous

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.