Moghlai Chicken Curry
A wonderful curry so creamy and tasty.
The poppy seeds add this lovely surprise.
We make in batches and freeze portions.
2 kg (4 Ib) chicken .pieces
1/2 cup (125 g) butter
1 tablespoon paprika
3 onions, chopped
2 cups (500 ml) coconut milk
3 cloves garlic
3 bay leaves
1 cup (250 g) yoghurt
1 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
5 whole cloves
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 1/4 cups (300 ml) cream
2 Tomatoes, quartered
1/4 teaspoon saffron
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
3 tablespoons lemon or lime Juice
2-3 tablespoons curry powder
1. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and saute the onions and garlic until
2. Stir in the bay leaves, cinnamon and cloves and simmer for five minutes.
3. Add the chicken and cook for ten minutes.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, salt, curry powder, paprika, coconut milk, yoghurt,
ginger and poppy seeds. Cover and cook over a low heat until chicken'is
5. Stir in the cream, saffron and lemon or lime juice and heat thoroughly.